Cornell University believes in celebrating staff and faculty. Below you will find information about a number of awards and celebrations throughout the year.
- High Five Employee Recognition Program: Cornell RED Days; Individual Excellence, Management Excellence and President's Award of Excellence awards; Low cost/No cost ideas for recognizing colleagues.
- Cook Awards: Constance E. Cook and Alice H. Cook Awards (for commitment to women’s issues and improvement of the climate for women at Cornell)
- Faculty Awards and Recognition
- George Peter Award for Dedicated Service: An award dedicated to Cornell staff members who consistently demonstrate a high degree of excellence in the performance of their duties and who prove their willingness to extend themselves to help others and go above and beyond the normal expectations of their job responsibilities.
- Staff Kudos: If you see a fellow employee going "above and beyond," send your Staff Kudos in for publication in the next Employee Assembly News. The Kudos giver and receiver will be invited to an EA Staff Kudos celebration at the end of the academic year. So recognize your colleagues by sending your Staff Kudos!
- Service Recognition Program: This program is for staff who have achieved the milestones of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 years of service to the university.
- Staff Graduate Reception: An annual event for staff to recognize achievement in receiving a degree from a college or university.
- Bring a Child to Work Day: This event is an opportunity for children, ages 8-16, to visit the Cornell University campus, explore interests and careers through participation in activities, consider and discuss work-life balance issues, and see what parents, relatives and/or friends do at their jobs at Cornell.
- Employee Celebration: One Saturday each semester features Cornell football or basketball, various activities, and dinner. These family-oriented events are open to Cornell faculty, staff, retirees, and their families.
- Jennie T. Farley Office Professionals: This event recognizes all office professionals for their daily contributions to the university. The popular symposium features a lively program, a complimentary lunch, entertainment and door prizes. (Focus on greetings, goodbyes and helping others, staff are advised; Pawprint; May 03, 2012)